Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Stars Are Outside...

Had a go looking at the half moon last Saturday evening. Caught the attention of a few brother priests here as they saw me by the landing gazing into the evening sky that day. I let them have a look through the Bresser and they were amazed by the magnification and 'nearness' of the Moon's presence. :-D

I have come to accept this 'outburst' of surprised and wonderment as part and parcel of someone encountering the heavenly bodies of this nature for the first time. But the cold of the evening as the weather heads closer towards winter can be a damper to any enthusiasm for a longer observing session outside.

So, my activities lately has been quite a touch-and-go. :-P I still want to get another look at Comet Holmes before it disappears and grab a picture of the Moon with a camera. I have managed to install and reconfigured my scope camera which I purchased earlier. So, hopefully I can test it out this weekend.

Meanwhile, here are some interesting news item for today to while a slow evening away:

Hobbit Solar System!
5 Things You Didn't Know Satellites Are Doing
Hubble's View of Comet Holmes
Earth In HD
Swimmng A Salty Sea

the stars are out there! keep watching and clear skies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP