Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Lunacy!

It has been rather touch and go with my star gazing activities lately due to the workload and activities relating to the Lenten season that occupy my attention more than the stars! :-P

Mostly when I do want to do some ob'ing, when evening turns up I feel so lethargic and tired that the one thing I would head for is the bed! However, I did manage to scope out the sights of the moon last Wednesday night, right after the penitential service at Holy Family. This time round I also managed to rope in Frs Timothy and Bosco (parish of the Holy Trinity, Tampines) to join in the fun. :-) For them the sight of the eerie pockmarked lunar landscape was a sight to behold! They were rather taken by the cold, dark and stark environment of the moon seen through my trusty C6 SCT.

Previously, some weeks ago, the moon set rather late in the morning and I managed to grab a pix of it as it stood its ground in the early part of the morning after mass, which I had celebrated. My Nokia N80 came in handy for that.

Today, it is full moon and the sky is awash with the lunar glow which makes stargazing a chore. This is exacerbated by the constant light pollution that surrounds the entire island and the unwelcomed presence of the clouds that takes all the fun out of doing a starry night...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP