Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Starting Again...

Three people enjoy the summer sky over the Del...Image via Wikipedia
My, my, it has been quite a while hasn't it?.....

Blame it on laziness and my new and unexpected posting to the parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary over at Serangoon area since my return to Singapore. My previous entry stated and provided the scheme of events that spoke of my return to the island state and now it has been a little over 6 months already since my eventual safe return. Having updated my other blog since then, I figured it is also time I do something here before it gets lost in the black hole! :-D

There have been several forays into the night sky with my telescopes that I have managed to get back into my possession since my return. That included the Bresser and the Celestron C8 which are now functional and raring to go. I have used them, so far, to check out the Moon and several planets like Jupiter and Saturn. My recent major outing was with the youth people from the YC ministry of the parish together with Joo Beng, my astronomy supplier and distributor, over at the back carpark of the parish.
Orion NebulaImage by Annoysius via Flickr

Joo Beng was a great help to reacquaint me to my equipment and astrophotography issues which I had started going into that night, with my Nikon D80 attached to the C8. The result was a pretty decent set of pictures of the Orion Nebula as can be seen here.

I plan to do a little bit more astrophotography sessions, along with star gazing with people around the parish who are interested. So, here's to a fascinating astronomical year 2010 ahead! :-)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP