Friday, September 05, 2008

The Eagle With the Lagoon!

I recently got the SLOOH scope in the Canary Islands to take this marvellous shot of the Eagle Nebula that shows the pillars of cosmic dust and clouds which have been famously nicknamed 'Pillars of Hercules' amongst the astronomy circle!

Then there is the grand scenery of another nebula that totally blows the mind away with the gaseous display of colour and dust which only a SLOOH scope can do. It's the Lagoon together with the Trifid a little above it. A close view of the Lagoon Nebula shows the glorious and spectacular gas cloud display of cosmic proportion!

I have been wanting to use a scope, any scope to grab a picture like that for years already since I started on this hobby and now I could. That's providence for you! OK, OK, so it isn't from a scope of my own nor was the action a full physical exercise that was directly under my control. But, I ain't complaining!... :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP