Thursday, August 14, 2008

SLOOH

I chanced upon this site last night while surfing for astronomy news and I fell totally head-over-heels in love with it!

I joined as a member and began using the telescope, through the online remote control that gets me to see some awesome nebulas, galaxies and other related greatness, over at the Canary Islands. How cool can that get! :-D It's like owning a giant telescope of your own, only it's a thousand of kilometers away. I can get to book usage time for my own mission viewing and that is set for Sunday 17th August, early morning after midnight.

While getting use to and fiddling around with the newly found gadget throught the website, I followed the main missions schedule and their observations from there. I took some great shots of several nebulas and galaxies which I normally could not with my own scope as I lack the necessary accessories. One of the pictures taken, i.e. of the Cocoon Nebula, is shown above.

So, yay for SLOOH and what I can't do with my scope on the ground where I am, I can complement that with their observatories there! Awesome!...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP