Thursday, July 17, 2008

Interesting Nights

The Moon never looked so good from where I am hibernating now over at the Convitto! The summer hols are slow and easy days with too much time on my hands. But, most of that are being used up now for the purpose of doing my thesis. Nonetheless, that doesn't stop me from using my slightly faulty binoculars to pierce the night sky and even the sights around the Convitto. :-)

The binocs are faulty because the alignment inside, with the prism and lens, is off. Unfortunately no one here, myself included, is able to rectify the misalignment. So, I have to bear with the double vision problem. The alternative now, and which is what is done mostly, is to see through one of the lens....

Last night, after shifting some stuff to my reallocated room (yes, I had to shift to another room!), I placed the binocs near the window which now overlooks the via Ibernesi and also the sky. To my delight, I managed to see the bright Jupiter together with her 3 moons which were pinpricks of light that were on both sides of the planet (two on its left and one on the right)! Amazing!

Equally breathtaking was our own Moon last night, which is waxing to its full as the days go by. So, with my newly allocated sleeping quarters and a window to the night sky available, I should be having some interesting nights ahead...

(click on the pic to get a bigger view of it)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP