Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moon Over Terni!

I have been here 1 month plus already and without a telescope. Still, I managed to stave off a major withdrawal symptom and stayed sane enough to focus on the real work at hand here in this villa at Terni.

(the first try...)

However, that did not stop me from using my trusted HP r707 digicam to capture some shots of the closest and biggest object in the sky during the night: the Moon. I have tried many times to the best of my ability to use the settings of the digicam to grab a decent picture of the Moon with its surface without having to overexpose it, but for the earlier tries I had failed miserably. :-P

Tonight being full moon and its size and brightness rather imposing over the hills beyond Terni and shining in the sky, I gave another try at it. Having set the ISO, EV and with flash on normal to give the shortest shutter speed, I went for it! To some extent,it was a success, but I'm sure with a digi SLR it could be much better. :-)

But, beggars can't be choosers! :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP