Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Kajang Stars

I am now on holiday leave before leaving for studies in Rome and was at my sister's place across from the apartment where my parents are staying. I just came back with the rest of the family and the children from dinner at a restaurant nearby, got out of the car and decided to look up into the night sky.

I was rewarded by a stupendous view of the constellations and stars that covered the entire four directions which I could never get back in Holy Family, Singapore! Just by turning around through the four compass points on a single spot by the car, I saw Jupiter and Scorpius by the east, the Southern Cross along the southern portion, Venus and a few other constellations which I couldn't make out, by the west. The north was partially blocked by a huge passing cloud and also some light pollution that came by the highway that stretched across the housing estate where we were.

The sky was wonderfully twinkling with those stars and if this is what we can get in a semi-darken place, imagine what we can hope to achieve later when the Art Ministry group and myself do our weekend star gazing over at JB come 15th to 17th June under even darker conditions and with no obstructions at all! If there be no clouds cover or rain, I believe we will have an outstanding star party we won't forget in a long while! :-)

2 comments:

ClappingTrees Thu Jun 07, 07:11:00 PM GMT+8  

Hey, Aloysius. Remember to bring a camera with you, take many photos, even do audio/video recordings and share with us what you see and hear. How about doing a sound-seeing tour like Fr Roderick?

By the way, how about joining Ping.sg too and let the mostly non-Catholic people there meet a Catholic priest? ;-)

Unknown Fri Jun 08, 12:08:00 PM GMT+8  

hooo! that's quite a lot of stuff to really consider! :-P let me just finish off the star party first, then we'll see how to go from there! :-D

Post a Comment

Alternative Telescopes

Alternative Telescopes
Online Observations

Together on A Cosmic Journey

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP